Graphite powder is a non-metallic mineral material. Graphite powder has high conductivity and thermal conductivity, high melting point, good lubricity, plasticity and chemical stability. Graphite powder can be corroded by acid, alkali and organic solvents. Therefore, it is widely used in chemical, petroleum, metallurgy, casting, lubrication, sealing and other industrial fields.
Graphite powder is a non-metallic mineral material. Graphite powder has high conductivity and thermal conductivity, high melting point, good lubricity, plasticity, and chemical stability. Graphite powder can be corroded by acid, alkali, and organic solvents. Therefore, it is widely used in chemical, petroleum, metallurgy, casting, lubrication, sealing, and other industrial fields.View more >
Graphite particles are also called graphite columns, also known as small-size graphite rods. They are called in different ways due to different industries, but their products are the same and need to be processed from high-purity lubricated and conductive graphite raw materials. Graphite particles have a wide range of uses. They can be used as lubricating particles of copper guide sleeves, self-lubricating bearing, and carburizing agents.View more >
Advantages of adding graphite powder in steel smelting
Because of the excellent performance of graphite powder carburize, it has become an indispensable auxiliary additive for the production of high-quality steel in the ironmaking industry. The following are the benefits of adding graphite powder in steel smelting:
1. Graphite powder can be used on the surface of castings in the metallurgical industry forging industry, which is convenient for casting out and improves casting process performance; A part of graphite powder with good heat resistance can be made into graphite melting crucible for smelting metal materials. Graphite powder can also have a unique effect in the iron-making industry.
2. Steel smelting is to smelt cast iron into steel. In order to reduce the application of cast iron raw materials and the cost of steel smelting, it is necessary to add the carburize with graphite powder as the main raw material in steel processing.
3. Graphite powder carburizing agent has the characteristics of high fixed carbon content, heat resistance, smooth moistening performance, and easy absorption. It is added to the surface of molten iron according to a certain proportion. According to the vortex mixing of mechanical equipment or manual service mixing, it can digest and absorb the appropriate carbon in graphite powder carburizing agent, reduce sulfur and other residual components in steel, improve the quality of steel and reduce the cost of casting products, Improve economic efficiency.
Application of graphite powder in coating industry
Graphite powder is widely used as coatings in the industry. Many coatings can change the properties of coatings by adding graphite powder.
1. Graphite powder is used as anticorrosive material.
As an anticorrosive material, the antirust primer made of carbon black, talc powder, and oil has good chemical and solvent corrosion resistance; If zinc yellow and other chemical pigments are added into the formula, the antirust effect is better. And carbon graphite powder has a strong corrosion resistance!
2. Graphite powder is used as a fireproof coating.
Expandable graphite is a kind of graphite intercalation compound obtained by chemical or electrochemical treatment with natural graphite flakes as raw materials. Under the condition of the heating, the volume of expandable graphite expands rapidly (up to 300 times) to suffocate the flame. At the same time, it forms expansions, which can isolate the flame and delay or interrupt the flame spread. Moreover, it is nonflammable, has good softness, high surface energy, and good strength of the carbonized layer. But the volume and dosage of the expansion body should be selected appropriately.
3. The difference between graphite powder and iron powder
Graphite powder is black, it is very similar to iron powder in appearance, it is difficult to distinguish the two.
Graphite powder and iron powder can be distinguished by physical and chemical methods.
1. Can take the method of touch, graphite powder is greasy, iron powder is not.
2. Iron powder can be attracted by a magnet, but graphite powder can't.
3. When heated, the iron powder turns black and the graphite powder is ignited in the air.
1. Distinguish by chemical method, add dilute hydrochloric acid or dilute sulfuric acid, there are bubbles for iron powder.
2. After mixing with copper oxide and heating, adding graphite powder can produce CO2 which makes clear lime water turbid, while iron powder does not.
To sum up, it is the difference between graphite powder and iron powder.
Anything you need,any questions or concerns you have, you can ask us here.
Zhongtai team member will get back to you within 24 hours.