This kind of silicon carbide graphite is molded by 10000 tons hydraulic press and then roasted for several months to make the finished product. Therefore, carbon graphite composite material has high purity and good physical properties. It is widely used in the metallurgical industry, advanced refractory coating, military pyrotechnic material stabilizer, pencil lead for light industry, carbon brush for electronic industry, an electrode for the battery industry, catalyst additive for the chemical fertilizer industry, etc.
High purity graphite is a kind of graphite with high purity, and its content is more than 99.9%. It has the advantages of small resistance coefficient, high-temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, oxidation resistance, thermal shock resistance, good conductivity, small thermal expansion coefficient, self-lubrication, easy precision machining, and so on.View more >
The particle size of medium and coarse graphite raw materials is 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 2, and 4mm, and the density is between 1.55 and 1.75. It has the characteristics of low resistivity, oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, and good conductivity.View more >
Isostatic pressing graphite material is made of high-quality petroleum coke and asphalt coke as the main raw materials through pulverization (the average particle diameter is less than 25) μm) Graphite products are made by, kneading, binding, isostatic pressing, roasting, impregnation, graphitization, and other processes.View more >
Briefly introduce the purification method of carbon graphite material
Graphite purification: there are two methods, chemical purification and physical purification.
1. Chemical purification: it is to use the acid, alkali, and corrosion resistance of graphite to treat graphite concentrate with acid and alkali to dissolve impurities and then wash them away to improve the grade of concentrate. High carbon graphite with a 99% grade can be obtained by chemical purification. There are many methods for chemical purification, and the sodium hydroxide high-temperature melting method is widely used in China.
The basic principle is to make impurities (mainly silicate minerals) in graphite react with caustic soda (NaOH) at a high temperature above 500 ℃ to form water-soluble reactants. The reactants can be leached with water to remove some impurities. Another part of impurities, such as iron oxide, can be neutralized with HCl after alkali melting to form soluble ferric chloride, which can be removed by washing with water.
2. Physical purification: that is, high-temperature purification, using the high-temperature resistance of silicon carbide graphite, put it in the electric furnace, isolate the air, and heat it to 2500 ℃, so that the ash (i.e. impurities) can be volatilized, so as to improve the concentrate grade. High purity graphite with 99.9% grade can be obtained by high-temperature purification.
The difference between high purity graphite and graphitized materials
1. The carbon content of high purity graphite is more than 99.99%, the ash content and impurity content are very low, generally less than 0.001%.
2. The carbon content of ordinary graphitized materials is more than 99%, and the ash and impurity content is about 0.5%.
1. High purity graphite is usually produced by the high-temperature purification graphitization process.
2. Ordinary graphitized materials are produced by the conventional graphitization process.
1. High purity graphite is an ideal inorganic non-metallic material with the advantages of high strength, good thermal shock resistance, high-temperature resistance, oxidation resistance, small resistance coefficient, corrosion resistance and easy precision machining. It is used for manufacturing electric heating elements, structural casting mould, crucible boats for smelting high purity metal, heater for single crystal furnace, graphite for EDM, sintering mould, an anode for electron tube, metal coating, graphite crucible for semiconductor technology, graphite anode and grid for transmitting electron tube, thyratron and mercury arc rectifier.
2. Ordinary graphitized materials play an important role in a wide range of fields, such as sealing, temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, electrical conductivity, heat preservation, compression resistance, wear resistance, oxidation resistance, and so on.
The difference between graphite material and carbon material
1. Graphite has artificial graphite and natural graphite
Artificial graphite: refers to the deep processing of carbon materials classified as amorphous carbon, which improves the purity of carbon and further increases the proportion of graphite crystal structure (graphite materials obtained later).
Natural graphite ore: flake graphite and earthy graphite, among which flake graphite is the better natural graphite.
2. Graphite is an electric conductor
Graphite is a kind of allotrope of the element carbon. The periphery of each carbon atom is connected with the other three carbon atoms (arranged in honeycomb-like hexagon) to form covalent molecules by covalent bonds. Because each carbon atom emits an electron, and those electrons can move freely, graphite is a conductor.
Carbon products often used in the industry generally refer to carbon products purified from amorphous carbon raw materials (such as pitch coke, coal, petroleum coke, etc.). In terms of appearance, common carbon products have large volumes, such as carbon radiator, metallurgical electrode, lining brick (carbon block) of the smelting furnace, etc.
Like graphite, carbon materials can be made into refractories, electrodes, and other industrial products. However, due to their excellent properties, graphite composite materials are widely used in various industries, such as metallurgy, petrochemical, mechanical industry, electronic industry, nuclear industry, and national defense.
Anything you need,any questions or concerns you have, you can ask us here.
Zhongtai team member will get back to you within 24 hours.