The use of graphite powder is very widely used in our lives, so what are its characteristics?
1. High temperature resistance: According to the graphite manufacturer, the melting point of graphite is 3850±50℃, and the boiling point is 4250℃. Even if it is burned by an ultra-high temperature arc, the weight loss is still very small, and the thermal expansion coefficient is also very small. The strength of graphite powder will increase with the increase of temperature. At 2000 ℃, the strength of graphite will double.
2. Electrical and thermal conductivity: The electrical conductivity of graphite is one hundred times higher than that of ordinary non-metallic minerals, and the thermal conductivity exceeds that of metal materials such as steel, iron, and lead. Thermal conductivity decreases with increasing temperature, and at extremely high temperatures, graphite acts as a thermal insulator.
3. Lubricity: The graphite manufacturer stated that the lubricating performance of graphite powder depends on the size of the graphite flakes. The larger the flakes, the smaller the friction coefficient and the better the lubricating performance.
4. Chemical stability: Graphite has good chemical stability at room temperature and is resistant to corrosion by acid, alkali and organic solvents.
5. Plasticity: Graphite powder has good toughness and can be made into very thin sheets.
6. Thermal shock resistance: As outlined by graphite manufacturers, when graphite powder is used at room temperature, it can withstand severe changes in temperature without damage. When the temperature changes suddenly, the volume of graphite changes little and no cracks occur.
Graphite powder needs to be infiltrated during use, so what is the reason why graphite powder needs to be infiltrated?
Graphite powder impregnation is one of the methods. Graphite powder is generally used in industry directly in powder form, or exists in solid form. The physical form of graphite powder is soft.
After graphite powder is processed into graphite products, it has the disadvantage of being hard and brittle, which will shorten the service life of graphite products. Only through a series of methods such as impregnation can the performance of graphite powder products be changed.
Graphite powder impregnation is to make some impregnant materials in liquid state penetrate into the pores of graphite products by graphite particles at a certain temperature and pressure, so as to achieve the purpose of improving the performance of graphite products.
The graphite products impregnated with graphite powder reduce the generation of pores of graphite powder products, overcome the shortcomings of graphite products that are hard and brittle, and increase the flexibility of graphite, which cannot be achieved by unimpregnated graphite products before.
The impregnated graphite powder can be processed into graphite paper, graphite flexible packing rings, graphite sealing gaskets, graphite packing and other graphite sealing products. The purpose of graphite powder impregnation increases the new properties of graphite powder products, making graphite powder products applied to more different industrial fields.